The Amazon Business Exchange (ABX) conference is set to return after its debut in London last year, and will take place on the 6th and 7th of October as a virtual event.
ABX is a free cross-sector conference for procurement, finance and supply chain leaders who want to discover how to innovate quickly and build more efficient processes and organizations. As a virtual event, this year attendees will have the chance to enjoy ABX, network and gain new knowledge from the comfort of their own homes through a series of interactive sessions.
ABX will cover a series of sessions with inspiring speakers – the ‘ABX Changemakers’ – who are driving transformation in their sectors even as they navigate the complexities caused by Covid-19; leaders who are raising the bar by simplifying the purchasing experience, driving sustainability initiatives or proving the value of procurement for their businesses.
Over the two-day conference, ABX will host seven main stage presentations and 12 breakout sessions spread out across multiple topic tracks. Each will offer a variety of interactive engagements such as collaborative discussions, debates, and fireside chats. There will also be a virtual expo, workshops, interactive small talks, keynote speeches, training labs, panel discussions and a selection of case studies demonstrating ways to tackle procurement challenges in the ‘new normal’. The event will also address procurement challenges such as driving automation and digitalization initiatives to increase efficiency and impact, making use of real-time analytics to inform buying decisions, and supporting corporate social responsibility and sustainability goals. New to ABX this year, is the Procurement Hero Award, which is being introduced as a new award category that recognizes everyday procurement heroes, and is open for public nominations until Wednesday 9th September.
“As leaders collaborate through the ‘new normal’ to create more agile workforces and streamlined procurement processes that help save time and money, we want to partner with the procurement community to move forward during this uncertain period, providing the chance to engage, collaborate and discuss critical opportunities. That’s why this year we’ll be showcasing the most visionary CPOs in procurement who are driving meaningful change – and we can’t wait to introduce them,” said Nabil De Marco, Director of Amazon Business Europe.
Amazon Business would like to acknowledge its sponsors, including gold sponsor American Express, for helping to bring this event to the procurement community. Headline speakers will include representatives from leading organizations including American Express, Centrica, KWS, ISS and Amazon – as well as an array of procurement experts from different sectors such as retail, information technology, manufacturing, energy, facility services and the public sector.
- How has COVID-19 disrupted (or accelerated) your digitalization strategy? — fireside chat with Maik Müller, Head of Global Transaction Center Procurement & IT at KWS
- How can businesses support sustainability goals? – Kara Hurst, VP of Worldwide Sustainability at Amazon
- How to build a digital-first procurement function – Peter Sowrey, CPO of Centrica
- What to do (and what not to do!) when implementing Amazon Business? – ISS’s CPO Derren Chamberlain, Procurement Business Partner Gemma Lindley, and Procurement Systems Technical Lead Philip Oddie
- How can procurement foster sustainability and drive CSR goals in a disrupted world? – Daniel Mendes da Silva, EU Head of Procurement at Amazon
- Enabling reliable, convenient purchasing in a time of disruption – Helen Baker, Procurement Director at University of the West of England
Registration is still open and can be found at business.amazon.co.uk/abx.