An Unwavering Commitment to Excellence
Bonassa Bucker Advogados has been involved in the implementation of several international enterprises, constituting companies and partnerships, as well as serving foreign investors from various sources. In this article, Fátima Cristina Bonassa Bucker provides a profile of the firm’s work and their unwavering commitment to excellence.
Bonassa Bucker Advogados is a law firm founded in 1990 and based in the city of São Paulo – the largest city of Brazil in terms of business and representation. Our main value is ensuring the excellence in the delivery of all our services, based on high level of academic knowledge and technical expertise of our lawyers, all of whom are specialists in their respective areas of law.
The services we offer are corporate advisory, foreigner investments, engineering and infrastructure, tax, intellectual property, labour, real estate, sports law, dispute boards, mediation, arbitration and judicial litigation. Our main clients are from the engineering and infrastructure sectors, industrial, services as well as entertainment and sporting companies.
Our corporate advisory services can be summarised as follows:
• Assistance in strategic negotiations for the acquisition of companies;
• Consultancy in the purchase and sale of shareholdings, commercial establishments and assets;
• Incorporation of companies and preparation of corporate documents;
• Corporate planning and restructuring, including mergers, divisions, incorporations, transformations;
• Formation of consortia and joint ventures and;
• Preparation and follow-up of due diligence
In terms of direct foreign investments, we offer:
• Consultancy and legal planning for the realisation and registration of investments in currencies or assets;
• Financial transfers, remittances of profits and repatriation of capital;
• Assistance and preparation of processes for recording investments in the Central Bank of Brazil, regularisation of unregistered investments;
• Establishment of subsidiaries, branches or subsidiaries of domestic companies abroad and foreign companies in Brazil and;
• Structuring of companies for investments abroad.
When it comes to national and international trade relations, we specialise in:
• Negotiation, consulting, examination, review and elaboration of international commercial contracts;
• Assistance and representation of domestic and foreign clients in cases involving subsidies, safeguards, compensatory measures and ‘dumping’;
• Import and export consultancy and;
• Special customs rights and regimes.
Concerning intellectual property, our expertise in this area can be summarised as follows:
• Negotiation and drafting of agreements for the licensing of intellectual and industrial property rights, transfer of technology, provision of technical and scientific assistance services;
• Registration of trademarks, patents, software, domain names and copyrights in Brazil and abroad;
• Elaboration and follow-up of processes with INPI and Central Bank;
• Franchising modelling;
• Legal proceedings, involving unfair competition, search and seizure, trademark and patent infringement and;
• National and international arbitrations.
Our team has expertise in arbitrations and judicial litigation involving, among others, corporate matters.
I am the office director, and have a Ph.D. in International Law, Master in Economic and Financial Law, and graduated in law at the University of São Paulo. I have certainly enhanced my knowledge by attending the relevant courses and programs in the best law schools in the United Kingdom and United States of America.
To the date, I’m the Cultural Director of the São Paulo Lawyers Association (AASP) and the Director of the Mediation Centre of AASP.
In just a very few words, our law firm counts on a professional body and highly qualified staff to provide a safe, efficient and individualised service, attending the needs of national and international companies.